The mission of Saint Rose of Lima parish is accomplished through our parish ministries which coordinate their activities through the Parish Pastoral Council. Ministry is a special call from God through our Baptism to serve:
- By sharing our individual gifts and talents
- in an organization directly under the parish
- through actions which provide direct service to the parish and community at large
- in accordance with the teachings of our Faith
- by offering hospitality to our friends and neighbors.
The celebration of the Eucharist is the “source and summit” of what we do as Catholics. We encourage all the faithful to participate fully in the Mass: praying the prayers and responses together, raising our voices in song, actively listening to the Word of God, walking together in procession to receive Christ in the Eucharist, and offering all that we do and all that we are to our Lord Jesus Christ.
It is our hope that anyone who enters our Church will find God’s Presence truly alive both in the Sacrament and in one another, and that they will leave nurtured, fulfilled and challenged to live more perfectly the life to which Christ has called each one of us.
Spiritual Life Ministries
Ministers are called to develop their own prayer life and that of the Parish community, focusing on a process of continuing conversion and evangelization. The ultimate goal is to provide opportunities and resources for developing a loving relationship with God and God’s people.
- Christian Formation
Ministers are called to assist in the temporal life of the parish and its facilities including seeking outside funding and support for Parish initiatives over and above normal operating expenses and overseeing and helping in the care and maintenance of Parish property to provide safe, functional and appealing facilities.
- Resource Development
- Building & Grounds
Community & Service Ministries
- Community Ministry ministers are called to foster a shared sense of Christian community for Parish members and non-members at all ages and stages of life.
- Social Justice Ministry ministers are called to make a Catholic presence felt in the broader Davis County community by providing an extension of Christ living within. In addition to outreach to those in need, this ministry is concerned with human rights, personal dignity, political justice, and the inclusion of all God’s people in a just society.
- Communications Ministry ministers are called to listen to the parish clergy, lay ministers and parishioners and to draw attention to the need for disseminating meaningful information to our diverse ethnic and cultural groups in the parish.
Ministers are called to assist the Pastor in safeguarding the financial and fiscal health of the Parish and encourage full participation in the life of the parish by all members through their time, talent and treasure.